Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung tE Code Washer WF231ANW/XAA  (Read 192 times)

Offline Dave Coleman

• VIP Member
Samsung tE Code Washer WF231ANW/XAA
« on: May 13, 2020, 03:19:51 PM »

This Washer serial JJZ55WBBC00258L continues to get same error code tE after I replaced Thermistor. I also checked Heater Element for continuity (although I did not carefully note Ohms resistance) before replacing the Thermistor. A couple questions: 1) where can I download a free Wiring Diagram? the paper copy usually inside most appliances is nowhere to be found. 2) without a diagram I have tentatively concluded that possible failing components are Thermistor, NTC Sensor, Heater Element, Wiring Harness(es) --is there more than 1 Wiring Harness? Main Control Board and User Interface Control Board.  Are there any other components I should be diagnosing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: Samsung tE Code Washer WF231ANW/XAA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »
Id thoroughly check that harness washer side not thermistors pig tail. The wires usually break at pinch points I.e. zip ties from vibration. Id also give a tug to its connector, Ive seen them break up inside hanging by a strand.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Dave Coleman

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »
Thanks for the Tip!  we checked the harness (Actually my son checked it--it's his washer -- I live about 30min away so have not seen with my own eyes yet) and underneath some "foam stuff" the Red Wire was completely broken...probably due to vibration, fatigue or abrasion. Son taped the wire back together and it completed a short test cycle. It may be a week or so until I visit him and make a more permanent repair, I will take a couple photos to clarify what we found and how we repaired it.

Thanks again!

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:08:49 AM »
Thanks for the Tip!  we checked the harness (Actually my son checked it--it's his washer -- I live about 30min away so have not seen with my own eyes yet) and underneath some "foam stuff" the Red Wire was completely broken...probably due to vibration, fatigue or abrasion. Son taped the wire back together and it completed a short test cycle. It may be a week or so until I visit him and make a more permanent repair, I will take a couple photos to clarify what we found and how we repaired it.

Thanks again!

Just a suggestion, solder and heat shrink it. Ive butt spliced them but it just created a pinch point again and seen them break there :-\
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Dave Coleman

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 10:23:09 AM »
Yes, solder and heat shrink tubing  is exactly what I plan to do.  I will even splice-in a piece of similar Guage wire if necessary so I can wrap the wires together before soldering. Also to prevent the heat gun from melting any adjacent wires etc. I will use fiberglass insulation and sheet metal heat shield. 

Can you tell I have learned this the hard way?  LOL.

Thanks again.

Offline Dave Coleman

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 06:18:57 AM »
Our son resoldered the wire yesterday (albeit without heatshrink--I have had the flu past couple days so family is keeping away) washed a test load and everything is working now.

Thanks again!