Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid refrigerator md#Ksf26c4xyy03 dispenser motor  (Read 147 times)

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
KitchenAid refrigerator md#Ksf26c4xyy03 dispenser motor
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:24:58 AM »

KitchenAid refrigerator md#Ksf26c4xyy03. Ice door opening but dispenser motor not turning. Curious if someone has had issues with the user interface W10418408 causing this problem. This motor is a 140 VDC. Windings are good.  I do know that main board is not the problem. All connections are secure. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: KitchenAid refrigerator md#Ksf26c4xyy03 dispenser motor
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
Probably the classic broken wire at the door hinge on these whirlpool SXS. Iím surprised it makes ice, thatís usually the first to break.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 12:35:43 PM »
Probably the classic broken wire at the door hinge on these whirlpool SXS. Iím surprised it makes ice, thatís usually the first to break.
Thanks for the reply. I'll take another look, I didn't see anything. Fail to mention in earlier post, Interlock also good.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
Sometimes itís broken within the outter coating which you canít visually see. Youíll have to ohm point to point. Or sometimes you can find the weak spot by bending the wires.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 01:44:57 PM »
I was last out on this refrigerator approximately 15 days ago and done a wire trace on everything coming out of the door and found nothing open. I done continuity checks from the user interface all the way back to the main motherboard. I'm not one to give up on something very easily but considering I've got hours and hours into this thing and a board with a core charge that I can't get money back on I give my customer his money back and told him to call somebody else. I hate being defeated and I hate giving money back. I was hoping someone may have run into a similar problem on this low volt motor design. This design calls for 14 VDC coming out of the main board 2 the auger motor. I did not have that 14 volts DC coming out of the main board. That only leaves the user interface and connecting wiring. Scratching my head.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:46:42 PM by haroldsappliance »