Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool GSC25C6EYY02 Icemaker Electrical  (Read 109 times)

Offline dredgoff

• VIP Member
Whirlpool GSC25C6EYY02 Icemaker Electrical
« on: May 06, 2020, 08:51:52 PM »

Icemaker stopped working.  Everything else is fine - water dispenser, cooling, lights, everything.  Traced it to power to the icemaker at the bottom of the door - there isn't 120V.  Replaced the main power card - no change.  Ohmed out the blk/wht line from the power card (P3-3) to the connector at the bottom of the door - fine.  Plug power back in - 8VAC.  Something is electrically wrong but I'm out of ideas.  GSC25C6EYY02

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: Whirlpool GSC25C6EYY02 Icemaker Electrical
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:26 PM »
Those specific SXS are known for this issue. Look at bottom of freezer door hinge, it's at that pinch point there's always broken wires. Usually more than one either visually or inside the wires sheath you can only find from point to point ohm outs. We fix this per Whirlpools instructions which is basically locate all broken wires. Strip them then use basic soldering technique to fuse back together and use heat shrink to isolate repairs on each.  The pic I pulled from google which is what your gonna find once you get into it.
🌲PNW Chris🌲