Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)  (Read 345 times)

Offline felber

• VIP Member
amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)
« on: May 05, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »

Amana AGS761  Oven will not light Changed igniter as that is usually the problem. Old igniter ohmed out good but thought maybe just weak.
Not getting 120V to igniter.
Actually, I got it a few times when I would unplug J2, push button to start over (Loud beeping & f3 fault), then plug J2 back in and start oven again.

My best guess is the control board is bad but I would like a schematic so I can double check 120V originates from J2 Purple wire (pin 3 or middle pin of the 5).
Wiring seems good to igniter but that is why I was checking for 120V out of control board first
If it is the control board I will try and repair it as the price of a new one is not worth it. (Probably a bad relay?)

Any input, information, schematic would be helpful and appreciated

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:54:51 PM »
ignitor and oven gas valve are wired in series.  If ignitor isn't glowing, the gas valve can also be suspect.  Turn oven on and check for 120V from one of the gas valve terminals to neutral.  If you have 120V but the ignitor isn't glowing then the gas valve is bad.

Offline felber

• VIP Member
Re: amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 06:33:39 AM »
Thank You
That was the problem