Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)  (Read 113 times)

Offline felber

• VIP Member
amana AGS761 No 120V to igniter (sometimes intermittant)
« on: May 05, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »

Amana AGS761  Oven will not light Changed igniter as that is usually the problem. Old igniter ohmed out good but thought maybe just weak.
Not getting 120V to igniter.
Actually, I got it a few times when I would unplug J2, push button to start over (Loud beeping & f3 fault), then plug J2 back in and start oven again.

My best guess is the control board is bad but I would like a schematic so I can double check 120V originates from J2 Purple wire (pin 3 or middle pin of the 5).
Wiring seems good to igniter but that is why I was checking for 120V out of control board first
If it is the control board I will try and repair it as the price of a new one is not worth it. (Probably a bad relay?)

Any input, information, schematic would be helpful and appreciated