Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF31FMESBSR/AA  (Read 133 times)

Offline InnovationHack

• VIP Member
Samsung RF31FMESBSR/AA
« on: May 02, 2020, 06:31:28 PM »

Friday, noticed the fridge was rising in temp.  Ran it through a forced defrost, temp came down a bit, but would not get to normal.  Emptied it out, pulled off the evaporator cover and noticed the red fan wire had separated from its connector (corrosion).  I found a new evaporator cover and went to replace it today. To my dismay, I discovered that the actual female part of the connector was missing the metal pin that the harness would connect to. So the red wouldn't connect regardless.  (the red is the upper left ping of the circled area in the picture).

I've no idea how to get to the piece to replace it, or at the worst, to pull a wire through and connect it directly. So now my $3000(ish) fridge is useless.

Any ideas out there on what I can do?  Can I pull this whole thing out somehow?  It is not accessible at all from the back. It's oddly not mentioned in the service manual according to someone who tried to help me in a different forum.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: Samsung RF31FMESBSR/AA
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:08:18 AM »
You can try to pull it out but the usually leave no slack and the insulation Foam is pumped in Afterwards. Since you really have no choice Id get a utility knife, and gently cut into the liner to start pulling the harness out. If you can reattach the pin into the molex great! If not Id butt spice and heat shrink some same gauge strand then rewire the plug from the fridge with femal insulated spade terminal then cut and splice the fans with the male predecessors, rtv silicon the incision in the liner and foil tape it and call it a day. Or throw away $3000....
🌲PNW Chris🌲