Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag MVW6230HCO  (Read 317 times)

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
Maytag MVW6230HCO
« on: April 24, 2020, 01:07:00 PM »

Hello everyone! Does anyone have any experience with this model? Or maybe a copy of the repair manual. I can't seem to learn to leave well enough alone.  I was at Menards last night getting some stuff for the laundry room remodel and as I was leaving the lumber yard waiting to get through the gate, there she sat. All pretty and shiny right next to a sign that said all used appliances 25 bucks. I get it home and plug it in and in the middle of the cycle it is telling me to move the selector knob back to Whites.  On the first cycle it told me to move the knob back to spin and drain and it has a beeper on it that makes you think you're in the hospital going off every 5 seconds. I've got two weeks to take it back and get a refund but I like messing with stuff like this so I thought I'd give it a go.  Thanks in advance for any help

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag MVW6230HCO
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 11:01:21 AM »
UPDATE:  I called maytag and had some mixed emotions with that call.  I was very excited to be told the washer was from Feb 2020, but then let down by being told I'm screwed on the warranty in any way shape or form. Then I was excited again to hear her say she could send me the install manual and the repair manual.  Only to be let down again after she said the install manual is all they have and she can't do any more than that.  All in all pretty disappointing results from Maytag considering it is two months old and a turd out of the box and they could care less.  I thought LG was bad, (and I still do) but this takes the cake I believe.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
I use to do warranty for Maytag for 26 years and it was the best company to do warranty for. Customer liability is a main factor for not selling a repair manual for a machine. Now you have Whirlpool owning the company and it's not even a Maytag anymore. It's a Whirlpool with a Maytag sticker. The main reason I quit doing warranty for Maytag was the big box stores selling a "scratch and dent" AS IS machine and a customer screaming at me at 9 pm because it flooded their garage, Guess what, the machine was sold "AS IS" NO WARRANTY. Customer still expected it fixed for free under warranty. They are for parts and that's about it. The old saying " you get what you pay for"

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 09:51:53 AM »

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 10:33:02 AM »
Thank you dab!!!

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 01:15:13 PM »
The old stove guy,
   Thank you for your response but I'm not yelling at anyone.  You don't deserve to get yelled at either way, but when a person buys a NEW machine that just got dented  while being unloaded they have a certain expectation that a NEW machine will still work as advertised when they get it home. Would that same person only be justified to yell at you at 9 pm if they had paid full price for the machine?  I'm not expecting anything for free, I just came here for a little guidance from like minded people with the same interest in fixing appliances weather it be for a living or to upgrade what they have while just trying to carve out a living and get a good deal when they can. Dab has sent the repair manual as you can see and after a quick look, there is a known issue with what I have explained on my machine.  It says to check the ribbon which I did and saw that it looked to be inserted crooked.  So after re inserting it, I still have the same issue but it seems to take longer to appear if that makes any sense.  So there is definitely an issue with this NEW machine that should not be happening regardless what I paid for it. I totally understand buyer beware and you get what you pay for but surely you can understand at least a little resentment to the company for putting out stuff like that. Again, I'm not yelling at anyone and I have until next Friday to take this back and get my 25 bucks back. I'm in the middle of remodeling my laundry room as I type this and my wife is wondering why I'm on the computer and not swinging a hammer right now. So I'm going to get back to it and think about what I'm going to do with this thing.  Thanks to both of you guys for your responses and help.  It is truly appreciated.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »
FWIW some companies are better than others but most are motivated by greed ! I have found Speed Queen better than others so far but they too are likely to disappoint a person when  they can get by with it.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 08:51:16 PM »
I meant no disrespect and I am sorry if It came off that way, I have been doing this for 40+ years and hate the way the new stuff is made. As I said I could call a factory Maytag tech from 7-7 and have an answer on a repair. I use to repair 95% of the machines and 70-80% of those on a single trip, now everything is specialized and series 1-99 and costly which means if you are lucky 50/50 repair rate and then 30% repair first trip. I carry over $3000.00 wholesale in parts on my truck and still order half of the parts I need to finish a repair. Ironically I carry enough parts on my truck to rebuild a 40 year old Maytag dryer that I sold and have everything I need to rebuild a 70 year old gas range on the truck. The times they are a changing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 08:53:33 PM by theoldstoveguy »

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »
I didnít take it as disrespect at all but I totally get where you are coming from. I can only deal so much with the public then Iíve had enough. I try very hard to make sure Iím not THAT GUY when I go places weather it is out to eat or buying or shopping for appliances or dealing with warranty on stuff like this. You read reviews on stuff and try to make an informed decision before buying and you can tell when reading the bad reviews who the people are that are just griping to get something free or get their money back when buyers remorse sets in. I do hvac on the side and try to help people as much as I can and still get some who think I should pay them for the honor of fixing their stuff. This world sure is taking a turn from what I grew up in and itís not for the better. Good luck out there dealing with the public everyday Iím just tying to finish my laundry room and hope that one or both of us get called back to work soon so I donít have to start counting customers coming and going at Walmart when the unemployment runs out.  :cheers: