Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: DC power supply board for Kenmore stove 970-660130  (Read 252 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
DC power supply board for Kenmore stove 970-660130
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:09:02 AM »

My customer lost the neutral wire coming to his house, so the voltage inside his home was way higher than the normal 120 volt, so his induction stove lost the low voltage, and the clock does not display. Somebody took away the service sheet, so I cannot find out which board is fried. Please help!

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: DC power supply board for Kenmore stove 970-660130
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 09:46:55 PM »
Thank you very much for yo vey reply.The info is really helpful.I replaced the power supply board.now some 8.8. came back,but no clock.After 8 seconds,the 8.8. went away,leaving no more display.I had to disconnet the power to the stove,plug in again to get the 8.8. display back for another 8 seconds.I systematically isolated control boards hoping to find out which one was drawing too much power and overloaded the power supply board.I could not find out.Because the dsplay does not stay long enough,so no fault code was displayed.Does any tech know which other board is damaged by the high voltage?

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: DC power supply board for Kenmore stove 970-660130
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 10:24:52 PM »
Hello Dab,thank you very much for you very fast reply.The info was very useful.My previous reply was not complete.I still have to go back to find out which other board was damaged by the extra high voltage.I do not have used boards to try out.Will post again when I find out more.