Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung front-load washer that won't start  (Read 145 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Samsung front-load washer that won't start
« on: April 14, 2020, 09:00:48 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm working on a Samsung front-load washer, Model No: WF42H5200AW/A2 that won't start.  Originally the customer said that the control panel would come up with a 3E2 error code. I replaced the Hall Sensor Part No: DC31-00098A and when I went to try it here is what happens.  The machine will power up and I can select a cycle but when I press the start button nothing happens.  If I press the power button the display shows "OFF" and sticks there.  The only thing I can do is unplug it to shut it down.  I also noticed that when I press start the door lock light does not come on so I replaced the door latch/lock assembly but that did not help. (still won't start a cycle).  I ohm'd out the motor winding and all check out OK.  I'm thinking a bad main control & inverter board that mount in the back at the bottom. (the customer also told me that the basement leaks and I don't think water on these boards are a good thing).  The boards retail at almost $200.00 each (WOW!).  If you have any ideas on this problem please let me know or if you know the link to a service manual for this model it might help me figure it out.  thanks!

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Samsung front-load washer that won't start
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:01:38 PM »
Well Hello Guys,  I watched the posts grow to 50 but with no replies so I called my customer and told him I don't know what to do and he should call factory service if he wants it fixed.  He Informed me that over the weekend he went out an bought a new LG front load washer.  Scrap this repair but thanks to all of you who at least viewed my post.  Maybe next time.  At least I was able to pick up a service call!!!