Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag washer model A209 with s/n 095292  (Read 355 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag washer model A209 with s/n 095292
« on: April 11, 2020, 04:27:53 PM »

This washer was given to me for free and i would like to repair it  as the transmission and motor are OK. It has the following problems. however. The timer will not advance to the spin cycle. Water is left in the tub and it will not drain. The drain pump and belt are OK. I suspect the timer is bad. It also has a leak at  the front tub mounting leg support bolt. I will have to dismantle the tub top cover to get at the head of the bolt to replace it and/or to use a rubber washer or another gasket to stop this leak. The only timer I can find is on e bay at a cost of $99.. According to the parts list this timer is p/n 2-05639. Does anyone have info on an alternate timer for this old old washer ? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag washer model A209 with s/n 095292
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »
My local dealer had some old parts in his attic and we found a couple of timers that fit this model washer  but I still cant get it to work. Does anyone out there have a timer in working condition for this washer they will part with for a decent price ? Help !!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »
If there is an alternate washer timer that will fit and work in this older Maytag model unit I would like to investigate it. If anyone can provide info it would be greatly appreciated. Also I doubt that a dryer timer would work but I have many of them available  in place of the washer timer.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 04:54:02 PM »
That timer has not been available for quit some time.  There is a place in Benton Harbor MI. called Midwest Timer Service that used to rebuild timers and I have used them many times over the years.  They no longer rebuild timers anymore, mostly because everything is circuit boards nowadays.  They do also sell timers and have a extensive list of substitute numbers that might work for you.  There phone number is: 800-253-7260.  Give them a call. maybe they can help you.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 02:44:21 AM »
Thanks for the info on the timer repair place in Mich. I will contact them ASAP.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 10:37:45 AM »
Ordered and rec'd a replacement timer from a source on E bay. The timer looks god on the outside but the washer will still not operate properly. I cannot get it to admit water. The only function that works is to run the rinse and spin . I am about ready to give up on this unit and if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Most of these parts are not available .

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 07:47:52 AM »
I was finally able to get the unit to admit water into the tub if I ran it on  the delicate cycle. The other cycles do not work as intended and I am probably going to sell this unit for parts as I am tired of messing with it.If anyone needs a complete machine or parts let me know. I live in central Illinois.