Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE GTWN4250m0w  (Read 179 times)

Offline varangnath

• VIP Member
GE GTWN4250m0w
« on: April 08, 2020, 05:48:22 AM »

Hello.  I have a 2010 GE washer- GTWN4250M0WS.  The washer will not agitate or spin.  It has power to the control panel but there is no noise from the motor when the cycle gets to agitate or spin.  The washer will fill with water and then drain (drain pump works) but no agitate or spin.  Lid switch is fine.  Belt is fine.  when I manually spin the pulley under the washer, the drum and agitator will spin appropriately.  I put it into service mode and get all 5 flashing lights in position 0.  the manual says all 5 should be solid lights.  in all other positions, the lights are appropriate - no fault detected.  I also took apart the motor and the circuit board.  Another problem is that the LED does not flash at all - so I dont have any idea what the error code is.  I have a voltage detector and it detects current in all wiring, even going into motor.  There is no current detected from the wiring between the interior motor and the circuit board. 
I dont know what else to do.  I have been working on this continuously for the last 3 days!!

Any help is appreciated!!

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: GE GTWN4250m0w
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:50:05 PM »
It sounds like the fuse link is open. You can find it in the wiring harness on the right hand side of the cabinet after the front panel is removed It is located in the wire that is white with a red tracer. Ge has determined that the fuse is NOT necessary. Once you locate it, strip the insulation at each end and check for continuity.If it is open, just bypass it.

Offline varangnath

• VIP Member
Re: GE GTWN4250m0w
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 05:48:49 AM »
Thank you scrapiron.  I tried your suggestion but unfortunately, it did not make any difference.  still no agitate and no spin.  still all the lights flash in position 0 in service mode.  what does the flashing lights mean in position 0 in service mode?  this is what I can't figure out.. 

again, many thanks