Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Neptune electric dryer  (Read 150 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Maytag Neptune electric dryer
« on: April 02, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »

I recently was given an electric dryer Maytag model number MDE6800AYQ and s/n 158439466A . The numbers may be off a little but the model MDE6800 is correct. It appears the control panel may be a problem . The resistors  R53, 54, 55, and 56 are slightly discolored.  Checking this model it shows the panel as no longer available.. Is there an alternative panel available ?. Can anyone help on this item ?

Offline def

• VIP Member
  • I'll fix anything...sometimes, I'm successful.
Re: Maytag Neptune electric dryer
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »
If you can run a soldering iron, I would replace those resistors you mention. I am not familiar with the Neptune Dryer PCB but I am familiar with the Neptune washer PCB. There is a triac and resistor that often fails on those washer boards due to a faulty wax motor.

Resistors have no polarity so merely clip the old, remove the legs from the board and solder in new parts. The resistor color bands will tell you the resistor value and tolerance.
I used to repair MK56 GFCS RADAR...now, I'm a farmer.