Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Drum runs when dryer is off  (Read 215 times)

Offline markgwebb

• VIP Member
Drum runs when dryer is off
« on: April 01, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »

I have an LG dryer model DLEX5680W, serial #404KWFN98523.  The drum continues to run after the drying cycle has finished and the dryer has turned off.  Basically it runs anytime the door is closed.  From a previous post of a different LG dryer, this could be the main control board, which for this model appears to be LG part EBR76542905.  Do you agree this is the correct part to replace?  Where can I find instructions on how to replace it?  Thanks!

Mark

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
Re: Drum runs when dryer is off
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »
Go to searspartsdirect.com to get the right part number for this months LG part number. Sounds like you have a stuck motor relay on the board. Two screw on rear lid, slide life back, lift up and off. You should see the board. Itís ethier on the side of the cabinet or you might have the piggyback style on the UI which is held on by tabs that youíll most likely break.
🌲PNW Chris🌲