Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Bosch Dishwasher Model no. SHS5AVF6UC/22  (Read 180 times)

Offline Rackets

• VIP Member
Bosch Dishwasher Model no. SHS5AVF6UC/22
« on: March 28, 2020, 08:56:11 PM »

Hello fellow AJ members. This is my first post. I have a Silence Plus 46dBA. I did a search on this subject, I located a manual for a Bosch Silence Plus posted by member justinyyc (thanks for that) on 28 December of last year. It would seem that my model is on older version of the 46bBA unit. It does not have a numerical display.  I have included some photos for reference. B DW1.jpg is a shot of the control panel at the door top.

After attempting Tech Sheet instructions, I saw the conditions photographed (error code.jpg & error code 2.jpg). There is a failure to drain with high water level of the base. However, there is no overfill onto the floor of the kitchen. I attempted to clear the codes, unplug (overnight) and reconnect the unit to power. I've also noticed a much higher noise level than is normal for this machine. I will say that for this model - it is normally very quiet. About 10 - 15 minutes into the cycle the machine stops.. This is when I tried a rinse cycle, which should not indicate a "sanitized" completion. Anyone out there with a similar experience?

Anyway.. Is there a Service Manual out there for an older version of this model, or will the service manual that justinyyc provided cover the bases?

Thanks for listening. Anything would be appreciated.

Offline Rackets

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch Dishwasher Model no. SHS5AVF6UC/22
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »
After running more diagnostics and considering all factors..

I (may have) have hit upon the solution. Up until recently, I have used liquid or gel detergents. Not long ago, my wife brought home the small multi-compartment "pods" to try. I figured "why not?" The pods are placed in the soap compartment, of course..

It turns out that the cellophane-like wrapper (which is formulated to dissolve upon contact with hot water) was not dissolving, getting caught in the flow channels and causing the error code! It only seems to happen with a brand I recently purchased. And my water temperature is sufficiently hot.

After three cycles using the gel, there have been no problems. My particular model does not appear to have a contact macerator (but it is well-filtered).

So... What is larger (and more flexible) than a small morsel becomes trapped!