Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid KSSC48QTS00 ice door not closing completely - dripping water  (Read 95 times)

Offline jgaebelein

• VIP Member

Good Day,

I have a KitchenAid KSSC48QTS00 side-by-side (~12 years old).  It appears the ice door is not closing completely after dispensing ice, leading to dripping water and a ice block forming in the ice bin in the freezer.  The stepper motor for the ice door works. I have looked at some of the replacement kits, prior posts, and some videos.  I would like to first confirm what parts are needed to address the issue (e.g. getting a kit such as AP3872692 or simply getting the spring, or something else?)?  And second, how one goes about replacing said part(s) (does the freezer door skin need to be removed? and if so - what is involved?) (there does not appear to be any easily removed trim to easily access the ice door)?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Joe