Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: sam sung dryer DVE52M7750P  (Read 306 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
sam sung dryer DVE52M7750P
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »

My customer found she needs 2 and a half hours to dry a normal load.It's 11 months old,still under warranty.the repairman was there 3 times,fixing different things.Still the same.She mentions the "clean filter"light is always on even though the filter was clean.How can I reset the clean filter light?Will this light being on affect the performance of the dryer?Please help!The warranty guy could not find the probem,three times.What can I do?

Offline Dbrock

• VIP Member
Re: sam sung dryer DVE52M7750P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 04:15:43 PM »
Ok so the first question is have you checked for a blocked dryer vent? the light may be on because of a partially or almost completely blocked dryer vent. Typically warranty technicians don't service the dryer vents. You can do the paper towel test after disconnecting the vent hose from the wall. and if you get normal suction when it's disconnected but not when it's connected there you go. Normally they are supposed to automatically shut that light off when the issue resolves.

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 02:42:13 AM »
Thank you Dbrock, for suggesting the paper towel test. I didn't even khow there was a paper towel test.Doed the dryer have a suction pressure sensor to control the clean filter light?, I was told the warranty repairman checked the vent already.

Offline Dbrock

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 08:34:52 AM »
certain models have a flow sensor that will show multiple bars. As the dryer vent becomes more obstructed the number of bars will increase. The easiest way the rule out the dryer itself is to compare the suction between the dryer connected and disconnected from the dryer vent itself. Some models however have a "clean filter" display which comes on after every load as a reminder. It just depends on what particular model it is as to which one they are using.