Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchen Aid microwave oven won't heat until warmed up  (Read 70 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Kitchen Aid microwave oven won't heat until warmed up
« on: March 09, 2020, 06:17:01 PM »

Hey everyone,  I'm working on a built-in Kitchen Aid wall oven/microwave combo. Model No: KEMS378SSS04 that the microwave oven won't seem to heat until it has been run for a few minutes.  I checked it with a neon light tester and the lights lit from the beginning of the time but the customer said it won't heat anything until it has been run for about 3 minutes.  I'm thinking weak magnetron, so I ordered one and it will be in tomorrow.  Has anyone run into this before.  I've seen them short out and go off frequency but my little neon tester does not light when that happens.  I never know they can get weak with age (this microwave oven is only 3 years old).  If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know.  Thanks