Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool refrigerator not making ice wrf736sdam  (Read 203 times)

Offline ryan111

• Technician
    • Appliance-repair-it.com
Whirlpool refrigerator not making ice wrf736sdam
« on: March 06, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »

Refrigerator not making ice. The first trip I put it in the service mode. The thermister passed, The water valve worked, the ice box fan fan worked, no ice clogging the air duck. It was 5 degrees in the ice maker box when i arrived. The ice level sensor checked out ok. The only thing was that the icemaker wouldn't go through the harvest so I installed a new icemaker. A day later no ice.

So I went back and now everything is functioning in the service mode including the icemaker. So as of now I told them to let me know if it does or don't work over the weekend. But I am not sure what I am gonna do to it next if it dont. Any suggestions?

Also note that when I got there today the icebox fan was on before I even put it in service mode and the temperature was around 7 degrees.

http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/
Where everyone can repair it!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool refrigerator not making ice wrf736sdam
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 04:30:41 AM »

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair / Re: Whirlpool French Door refrigerator ice maker over fill
on: July 07, 2019, 05:25:53 PM
A bit of advice on this particular design. Once you replace the ice maker, unplug unit from wall for a few seconds. Have experienced more than once where after replacing an ice maker on this design that the ice maker made one dump, stopped and made no more. I work on a lot of these, and after an ice maker installation I always disrupt power for 10 seconds.

Offline ryan111

• Technician
    • Appliance-repair-it.com
Re: Whirlpool refrigerator not making ice wrf736sdam
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »
Thanks I will try that
http://www.appliance-repair-it.com/
Where everyone can repair it!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair