Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Inglis IM44000 washer: noise and no drain or spin  (Read 201 times)

Offline forester8

• VIP Member
Inglis IM44000 washer: noise and no drain or spin
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »

Hello. My Inglis top loading washer just stopped spinning and is making sort of a high speed tick sound. It seemed to finish the first agitation cycle and then started acting this way when it should have started the spin/drain cycle. It is a small load of clothes and none seem jammed. I cannot turn the agitator in either direction with moderate force. I get the same noise no matter what setting I use on the dial. I live in a very remote area 1 hour from nearest city, so getting a technician here would be difficult and very expensive. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks!

Online scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Inglis IM44000 washer: noise and no drain or spin
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:01:12 PM »
Sounds like the drive coupler between the motor and the gearcase has failed. Part # 285753A
Here is a link to video showing how to replace it: https://youtu.be/MYn0_qCFdec

Offline forester8

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:13 AM »
scrapiron: Thanks so much for your help! It was indeed the coupler. A fairly cheap and easy fix. Got it back running now! You saved me a pile of money!

Online scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 10:07:02 PM »
My pleasure, Sir.