Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag washer MHW8630HW0 wont go past first service mode test  (Read 217 times)

Offline murdrod

• Technician
Maytag washer MHW8630HW0 wont go past first service mode test
« on: February 26, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »

I was called out to look at this Mhw8630hw0 washer that "wont lock."
I started machine on drain/spin mode and can hear relays clicking but it never locked or advanced at all.
I removed the top panel of the washer but there's only a wiring diagram and no service manual.
I tried the 123 service mode sequence used on other maytag washers and it does go into service mode.
The error codes are F5 E2, F0 E2, F0 E5
I cleared the error codes.
I started a auto test mode and it displays 001 and the machine locked and started filling with cold water, the tub fills up way too far.
The machine then powers off with a chime without going to next step of auto test.
I restarted auto test and the machine drained out and refilled and shut off promptly again after overfilling.
My instinct tells me to replace the water level control first.
My parts supplier had to call maytag to find the part number because it's new and there's not even a parts breakdown available. They'll call me once they get thru and find the numbers.
If anybody has any experience with these or knows where to find the service sheet it would be a huge help.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Maytag washer MHW8630HW0 wont go past first service mode test
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »
Here is the parts list and a service pointer.

Offline murdrod

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
Thanks Dab147315 for the info, it was really helpful. I got back over with a new water level sensor today and installed it but still having issues.
I was able to get further thru the diagnostic test mode this time with service guide and apparently you have to manually step the diagnostic mode thru its tests by pressing soil button.
All of the tests worked until I got to 007 and found the motor is not spinning.
I tested the motor windings and they all tested at about 14.5 ohms.
I am still waiting on the ACU to show up in the mail because I ordered it at the same time as the level sensor but maybe it's back ordered.