Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Ge Monogram - zir36nmhrh/stand alone fridge only/not defrosting  (Read 194 times)

Offline vunger1

• Technician
Ge Monogram - zir36nmhrh/stand alone fridge only/not defrosting
« on: February 20, 2020, 08:55:48 AM »

Cant figure out the 2 thermostats on the side of evap.
This unit does not have a heater or any type of timer,cntl bd or any heater circuitry.
-Wiring diagrams for refrigerator dont show 2 thermostats.
-Diagrams for freezer show 2 thermostats.
-Parts breakdown for fridge shows 2 thermostats and a heater.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses since 1988
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Ge Monogram - zir36nmhrh/stand alone fridge only/not defrosting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 05:20:34 AM »
This unit is showing a defrost heater and there should be one there unless somebody's taking it out. I have seen on more than one occasion both of these thermostats being bad I would suggest replacing both of them. You can probably get by with replacing them with a L55- or 60 degree. However one of them may be 140 degree. I try to stay  as close as possible to original  specifications. They are usually visibly faulty. You can tell how they have separated the metal from the plastic. I see it all the time. This must be an oddball as I see there are many parts that are out of stock.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 05:25:51 AM by haroldsappliance »