Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen top load washer typ model AWNE82SP113TW01  (Read 351 times)

Online Thorning

• Technician
Speed Queen top load washer typ model AWNE82SP113TW01
« on: February 12, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »

The above model  top load washer is built with a center agitator that is very difficult to remove when work is required under the basket. I have tried to remove these agitators with little or  no success. The last one I worked on was very stubborn and I ultimately cut the agitator in pieces to get it off the the splined drive bell.  I had tried a home made mechanical puller which I made especially strong but it was not successful. I have just been advised by the Speed Queen factory that a device is available at Home Depot that may be useful to do this removal. Is is sold under the name  "WINBAG".It is priced at $18.98 and 2 of them would likely be needed. It is pumped up with a small air bulb kind of like the bulb used on a blood pressure cuff. The info states that it will fit in an opening as thin as 3/32". I intend to buy one or two  soon to use on a washer  . If anyone has already tried this item and has some opinion I would appreciate comments.

Offline scrapiron

• Technician
  • Service Tech Since 1974
Re: Speed Queen top load washer typ model AWNE82SP113TW01
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:02 PM »

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »
Today I bought 2 of the WINBAG devices from Home Depot to use next week if I need to remove the agitator. I will see what happens if I need to use them and publish the results.

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »
At this point I have no need to remove the agitator and will return the small devices to Home Depot for credit. Looks like they will fit and work OK

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:20:43 AM »
The front cover and side of the LH side cover of this  unit  has small foam patches  about 4" X 4" X 1/2" thick glued in place to cushion the outer basket when the uni is in spin mode. I have seen them on other units over the years also . They get slightly damaged and I would like to replace them if possible  but cannot find a p/n or any info on them. Does anyone have any detail on this item ?

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 08:33:13 AM »
In regard to the WINBAG devices mentioned earlier in this topic I decided to try them anyhow. I put one in on one side of the agitator under a rib area and another one on the opposite side also under a rib. They slide in easily.  I pumped them up slowly alternating from one side to the other and the agitator popped off quickly!!!. CAUTION. Do not put your face directly above the agitator as it jumps up a but when it breaks loose. A good tool to use instead of having to break an agitator in pieces. I can see where in extreme case 4 of these might be needed.