Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Refrigerator isn't cooling after voltage spike in the house  (Read 197 times)

Offline Lurker9

• VIP Member
Refrigerator isn't cooling after voltage spike in the house
« on: March 28, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »

Had unfortunate voltage spike yesterday, didn't notice the problem with the fridge until today since the lights in it did work.
I disconnected it from electricity for two hours, and problem remained after plugging it back in.
It seams the fans ain't moving, and the fridge isn't getting cooled. I've looked around on the internet for similar problems and many point to check the relay, which i did. It doesn't seam like there is a problem with the ceramic part in it (doesn't move when i shake) but the cable connected to it looked freshly burned. I'm not sure if to try to replace the cable, or both it and the relay or some other parts.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Refrigerator isn't cooling after voltage spike in the house
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 06:28:03 AM »
Need a make and model number

Offline Lurker9

• VIP Member
Re: Refrigerator isn't cooling after voltage spike in the house
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:32:20 AM »
Need a make and model number
It's an LG model GR-B528YVC