Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RFG297HDRS/XAA Not Making Ice  (Read 56 times)

Offline Jttama

• VIP Member
Samsung RFG297HDRS/XAA Not Making Ice
« on: February 08, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »

I have a Samsung RFG297HDRS/XAA refrigerator that is 6 years old and the ice maker stopped working although the water dispenser still works. I installed a new ice maker and it is still not working. When I press the test button on either the new or old ice maker I hear a chime but it doesn't rotate like it is supposed to. I was thinking that maybe the Water Valve was bad but that doesn't explain why the ice maker doesn't rotate in the test mode. Based on the service manual troubleshooting guide it says that if the Ice Maker doesn't rotate when pressing the Ice Maker testing switch then I should first Replace the Ice Maker Kit then Check/Replace the Main PCB input signal (Micom IC01 Pin #72 - 0V). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.