Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Amana Washer model number ntw4516fw2  (Read 240 times)

Offline Natashadawn0693

• VIP Member
Amana Washer model number ntw4516fw2
« on: February 08, 2020, 04:50:46 AM »

So my top load amana washer is making loud grinding noise and then it doesn't spin correctly the clothes are still wet and i have to drain n spin again. Sometimes it wont wash or anything it just locks and fills up and then when it starts washing it makes the noise and then the lid unlocks and nothing happens
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:57:43 AM by Natashadawn0693 »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: Amana Washer model number ntw4516fw2
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 02:15:20 PM »
Most likely the tub seal and bearing need to be replaced. Use a flash light and tilt washer back to look under washer in the center of plastic tub for a brownish color residue on the white plastic belt pulley cover that would be a sign of water mixed with rust. If you see it then gearcase needs to be replaced which includes the tub seal and bearing.

Offline murdrod

• Technician
Re: Amana Washer model number ntw4516fw2
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
Check the cam it's the white plastic assembly above the pulley that the belt attaches to. I've had to replace a few of them that failed from large loads.