Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Icemaker just abruptly quit making Ice on Kenmore Model 106.54789803  (Read 104 times)

Offline jrbarba

• VIP Member

Ice maker just stopped working with no other problems. No water flow from Refrigerator valve to ice maker - water dispenser works fine.  Assume it is the optics parts?  Any help would be really appreciated.  By the way, water pressure is great and I had just changed the filter.

Offline zmotion

• Technician
Re: Icemaker just abruptly quit making Ice on Kenmore Model 106.54789803
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »
Is the right side optics red light blinking when you open the fz door? IF optics working, pull I/M to look for flaking coating ;also check I/M feed tube is clear (at top of fz compartment).

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Icemaker just abruptly quit making Ice on Kenmore Model 106.54789803
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:33 AM »
A couple of other points to check.  The home position of the fingers that push the cubes out of the mold is just above the mold (about 1/2 inch).  If it is stopped in this position, problem most likely  would be the optics or thermostat in the module housing.  If stopped somewhere else in the cycle, check for bad motor (Module), Heater, or thermal fuse.