Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Fridge/Freezer help  (Read 140 times)

Offline ski911

• VIP Member
Samsung Fridge/Freezer help
« on: February 06, 2020, 08:25:33 PM »

Hello,

I have a Samsung RF217ACRS/XAC french door bottom freezer with an odd issue. The freezer is getting very cold, in fact it will freeze things left in the crisper on the fridge side, yet the display reads 30C. I think the freezing issue is related to the unit believing it's not cold enough in the freezer and working overtime.

I have replaced the defrost thermistor on the advice of a parts source, only to realize after that had no effect that there is an ambient sensor on the "ceiling" in the freezer. That seems to test fine, but I swapped the other thermistor in there just to see what would happen. It instantly read 28C, so i was hopeful it would drop as the freezer ran, but after an hour it's gone back to reading 30C just like the other one. Frustrated and not sure what else to do... I pulled the board and inspected for any poor connections or broken wires, didn't see any.

Any ideas?