Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: VIDEO of Whirlpool washer shaking violently, squeaking during spin  (Read 279 times)

Offline strikerdog5

• VIP Member

Anyone know whats causing the issues in my video? About 30 seconds into the video you will see the violent shaking, terrible squeaking at about 1:10 in the video.

https://youtu.be/GtsGfQwLqx4

I just had the basket replaced under warranty due to jagged drain holes snagging clothes. I let my dealer/repair folks know then that it was making noise and shaking during spin. The issue I have now is they tried to duplicate the issue running the washer empty which failed.

Video clip- 4 clips in one of the same issue. First clip is a normal laundry load started with technician at house but he would not stay through whole cycle to verify the issue. He ran it a few miuntes and with no noise claimed it was a load issue. He suggested taking off the factory workshelf and run it to see if that was causing the squeaking, nice try but thats not the issue. It just shook worse without that on there. other clips show the squeaking, thumping etc. All normal loads of clothes.

I am working with Whirlpoolcare but they keep throwing in my face that the tech said he cant duplicate it. I have to get a second opinion. after forwarding many videos to my Dealer they offered to replace shocks and springs but this unit has been a lemon and I think the issue is bigger than that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:29:19 PM by strikerdog5 »

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: VIDEO of Whirlpool washer shaking violently, squeaking during spin
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 07:59:09 PM »
For help you should post Model# (printed on sticker located on front panel, open door to see it).
I would remove the rear panel if accessible and see if the Pulley/Motor Nut is tight (located on back side of Tub).
If Nut is loose then apply Blue Locktite (sold at Hardware Store) on the nut threads to prevent it from coming loose again.
With the rear panel removed you can also inspect the Shock's (usually 4 of them) mounted under the Tub (use a flash light for better vision). You may notice one (or more) Shock is detached/broken since they attach from the bottom of Tub to the Base.

Offline strikerdog5

• VIP Member
Re: VIDEO of Whirlpool washer shaking violently, squeaking during spin
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Model wfw6620hc0

2nd opinion says it needs extensive repair. Another tub, shocks, springs and I think a motor.

Whirlpool of course doesnt want to replace. They have spent $800 on first repair and now will spend another $900+ according to the estimate the 2nd tech gave me.