Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung rf263beaesr/aa fridge freezing food  (Read 1292 times)

Offline jts113

• VIP Member
Samsung rf263beaesr/aa fridge freezing food
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:40:56 AM »

I have a Samsung rf263beaesr/aa French door fridge that is freezing food in the refrigerator section. No matter what temp setting you set the fridge to it will fluctuate between about 15-20*f. The freezer section works as it should and maintains 0*f.

I've done a little bit of research and found how to pull diagnostic codes from the control panel and it does not show any codes at all. This leads me to believe it has a temp sensor that has not failed completely but is just reading incorrectly causing the fridge to stay running and bring the temp down. I have ordered the sensors and they should be here tomorrow, planning to replace them tomorrow but I am open to other suggestions on what to check if the sensors are not the issue.

Offline jts113

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung rf263beaesr/aa fridge freezing food
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:02:19 AM »
Small update- just pulled the cover off the back wall. The coil was frozen and is currently thawing and waiting on UPS to deliver parts. I'll update later after i replace the sensor.

Offline jts113

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 03:10:09 PM »
Replaced the sensor mounted to the coil and replaced the sensor inside the cover for the coil. Just kicked the fridge back on, we'll see later what the results are.  :popcorn:

Offline jts113

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:04:39 PM »
Those 2 sensors seem to have done the trick. Plugged the fridge back in around 3pm and tonight at 10 when i left for work the fridge was at 37* which is what it was set at. I'll monitor it probably until tomorrow night before i put food back in it. Before it was getting down to 16* within a few hours.
DA32-00011C and DA32-10104N are the Samsung part numbers i used. They were both less than $15/ea. on amazon and took less than 10 minutes to change.

Offline Tarynh

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 08:24:28 PM »
Hello!  I am having the exact same problem!  If you still have the info, can you tell me what sensors you replaced?  If you have part numbers, that would be amazing.   Thank you so much for any help PS- just saw the part numbers, thank you for being so helpful! 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:26:33 PM by Tarynh »

Offline Tarynh

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 04:14:35 PM »
How did you get the sensor off the coil cover?  Mine is glued in place, under the styrofoam, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get at it without ripping the styrofoam up?  Thank you!