Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Mvwc565fw0, basket drive gear engaged again at the end of spinning  (Read 264 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983

This washer washes well, quiet, but at the end of Spinning, cam ring de-energised, spin gear raised up, tub slowed down. Suddenly the basket drive gear engaged again, the splutch pulley was turning very high speed, the basket drive was turning at low speed(because the spinning tub was coasting to stop), the teeth are not mating, so the basket drive bottom gear was not synchronizing with the drive pulley teeth. The nois is terrible. I can see wear on the basket drive gear. I noticed that thr transmission dhaft has 13/16"of up and down play. I don't know why the basket was engaged at the end of the spin. Any of you guys had this experience? The customer said they had to raise lid to stop the motor to stop the noise. Close the lid again, the noise is gone. What a nuisance?!

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
Re: Mvwc565fw0, basket drive gear engaged again at the end of spinning
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 06:15:20 PM »
sounds like a bad gearcase and splutch assembly. i usually change the basket hub and fork on those as well

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Mvwc565fw0, basket drive gear engaged again at the end of spinning
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:28:31 AM »
Hello Draymc48, thank you for your suggestion. I already replaced the cam kit when they first complained.The noise is still there. Was not sure I had to replace the gear case. I will have to find how much this job will cost them.Something like this is serious business.