Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sam Sung RF263beaesr/aa  (Read 334 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Sam Sung RF263beaesr/aa
« on: January 08, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »

I took out the fresh food evaporator cover, defrosted the ice, put the same back, plugged back in.The compressor and freezer fan work. But fresh food compartment lite didn't come on whether door was closed or open, only the deli and crisper lites above the water filter are on. The fan does not run whether French doors are open or closed. What can cause this problem? Please help!

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Sam Sung RF263beaesr/aa
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »
I went back to the fridge yesterday, was trying to find out about the lites not working. Found out the deli and crisper lites or the
Vegetable lites were responding to French Door opening and closing. That means the deli lites come on when door was open, and off when the doors were closed. The fresh food compartment fan did not come on all night.So the fridge part was 12°when I got there yesterday. When I tested the lites, the evaporator fan also responded the the door openings. So what happened? I don't know.customer said ice maker was not working,I found new pieces of ice in the ice box.So my new job is to get the lites back to the fresh food compartment.

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 08:37:35 PM »
Check CN76- “4”(Orange) to CN76-”1”(Gray) on the main board . It should be between 7V~12V.

If the voltage is there and the fan isn't turning, it's probably a bad fan motor.

If the voltage isn't there, it's probably a bad main board.

If you get something more than 0v but less than 7v, it can be caused by something like a different bad fan motor or wiring problem loading down the output from the main board.

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 02:40:56 AM »
Thank you tcarman, I will have to go back to see anything has changed after I left. Will have be prepared to make the lites work.