Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG LFSX24566S PCB/Compressor not running/test mode not workinh  (Read 103 times)

Offline LGsucksAgain

• VIP Member
LG LFSX24566S PCB/Compressor not running/test mode not workinh
« on: January 04, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »

Ive got a couple issues. First the fridge won't go into test mode when I press the test switch on the PCB.

Second, according to the service manual I should be getting 200 volts after 30 seconds from power on when I test across the two compressor power pins on the compressor connector at the PCB. Im getting 26 volts and no more.

I don't think there's a refrigerant leak as there is no oil around the lines. The compressor just doesn't appear to be coming on. Compressor resistance check is 9 ohms (good)

Original problem was no cooling. There's no frost on the evap lines. No error codes or LCD flashing.

This seems like a faulty PCB. Thoughts?

Offline LGsucksAgain

• VIP Member
Re: LG LFSX24566S PCB/Compressor not running
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:53:44 AM »
Update. Test mode is working now.

I had a temp sensor unplugged and it would not allow it to enter test mode.

Only getting 25 volts in test mode 1 on Connector 201 power and Com terminals

Offline LGsucksAgain

• VIP Member
Re: LG LFSX24566S PCB/Compressor not running/test mode not workinh
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
Update again. I tried something saw elsewhere on the forum and blew hot air from a hair dryer onto the capillary tube where it connects to the evaporator coil. I'm now getting 50v across the compressor terminal pwr and com in test mode.

Offline LGsucksAgain

• VIP Member
Re: LG LFSX24566S PCB/Compressor not running/test mode not workinh
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
Test mode is supposed to stay on for two hours. Mine is staying for a few minutes and then all the fans stop and compressor goes to 0 volts