Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirpool Cabrio Dryer F2 Error  (Read 75 times)

Offline makeitso

• VIP Member
Whirpool Cabrio Dryer F2 Error
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »

Based on online diagnosis and repair recommendations for the F2 error as a "stuck key" on the control interface board, I replaced the interface board.  Problem still exists.  Dryer doesn't turn on heat sometimes or heat doesn't stay on.  I have to unplug the driver for 5 to 10 minutes to "reset" it and even then, it is not a given that it will work.  Sometimes the heat comes on and sometimes it doesn't.  Unfortunately if it is working and someone opens the dryer to see if it is working, it will now not return to heating if you turn on the dryer again immediately.  You go back to unplugging/resetting to try and try and try again. 

I bought an OEM rebuilt replacement interface board OEM Part # WP8563976 for $136 plus tax.  Did I get a bad board?  Do I need to replace another board as well?  Or chuck it and buy a whole new dryer?