Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG 2010CW Front Load Washer Wobbles & Vibrates during Spin Cycle  (Read 79 times)

Offline cwatx

• VIP Member
LG 2010CW Front Load Washer Wobbles & Vibrates during Spin Cycle
« on: December 29, 2019, 01:32:06 PM »

LG 2010CW Front Load Washer has started wobbling during the spin cycle.

It started doing this after I stupidly put a lone bathmat in the washer, so the load was extremely unbalanced.
The washer shook violently, then made a loud noise. I could see that the front gasket was all squished.

I opened the top, and discovered that one of the springs had come loose at the top. I could also see that the shock absorber at the rear had separated (but both ends were still connected to the pins).
The spring appeared to be ok, so I put it back in place.

I ran a light load, and the washer vibrated a lot during the spin cycle.

I purchased a new OEM shock absorber and installed it. The washer still vibrates a lot during the spin cycle and you can see the drum wobbling.

The drum can be manually spun without noise; however, there is some play in the drum - it can be moved front to back slightly.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, and/or suggestions on how to fix?

I'll try to attach a video shortly.

Thanks

Offline cwatx

• VIP Member
Re: LG 2010CW Front Load Washer Wobbles & Vibrates during Spin Cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
Here's a video of the spin cycle (sorry for poor quality)

https://youtu.be/jouxhBxaEXg