Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchen-Aid KBFC42FSS00 - main control board beeping  (Read 161 times)

Offline mike212

• VIP Member
Kitchen-Aid KBFC42FSS00 - main control board beeping
« on: December 23, 2019, 09:12:39 PM »

My Kitchen-Aid (KBFC42FSS00) refrigerator/freezer has been acting up recently. There is a beeping noise coming from the main control board which appears to be this part WPW10219463. The beeping is accompanied by a clicking noise that sounds like a switching noise. I've attached a video recording (mostly for the sounds - ignore my wife telling me we need a repair man :)).

Although the beeping is clearing coming from the round sound device on the control board and the clicking is coming from the board or something very close to the board, I'm not sure if the sounds are symptoms of an issue elsewhere or just a sign that the board needs repair. Unfortunately the boards are no longer manufactured so it will be a repair and we'll be without a fridge for some time so I'd rather not try that unless its very likely to be the issue.   The refrigerator and freezer do currently cool to the proper temperatures, although the freezer temp did increase recently when the board seemed to be stuck in this loop for many hours.

The beeping/clicking can last for just for a minute or can last hours. Turning off the power and turning it back on after resting seems to offer reset the cycle for a while if its doing it for a long time. I have thoroughly cleaned out all dust from the entire area. The circuit board was already very clean.

https://youtu.be/ck7qDeZUF08

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Kitchen-Aid KBFC42FSS00 - main control board beeping
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »

W10823814 this is the new part number. Instruction in the attachment section.Better to get the board rebuild on this one. https://www.fixyourboard.com/boards/WPW10219463.html
Instruction on installing W10823814Kit.

Offline dab147315

• Technician