Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE washer wonít spin GTW460ASJ  (Read 211 times)

Offline Cally45455

• VIP Member
GE washer wonít spin GTW460ASJ
« on: December 20, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »

Advice please. I have a 3 yr old GE top load washer GTW460ASJ which will not go into spin cycle if any clothing is in machine. But it will spin if empty and it will complete the cycle with no problems. Currently , the other cycles seem to work fine. But if I am washing a light load, after it washes and rinses, water drains and starts to spin, then stops, fills with water, rinses again, drains, starts to spin, stops, fills with water, repeat, it will do this until I manually stop it. Spin light continuously blinks.  My repairman has replaced the stabilizers but it didnít fix the problem. I am doing my research because I donít want to waste  any more money trying to guess what is wrong. From all I have read, I see that this model is know for itís problems with balance and spin.  Also noise and walking around the room. I am going through the service bulletins and trying to find if any of them apply to this machine and this problemÖwhew!  Hard work, lots of reading. We already had GE replace the master control panel 1 yr ago. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would appreciate any suggestions.
 At this point, Iím not sure if I should try to fix, or just purchase a Speed Queen or another reliable washer.
Thank you 

Offline donsabol

• Technician
Re: GE washer wonít spin GTW460ASJ
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:32:57 PM »
Go for the speed queen ..... General electrics are throw away machines...
That is unless you have sentimental attachments..