Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung DV45H7000EW/A2 Blowing Thermal Fuses  (Read 248 times)

Offline copyconn

• VIP Member
Samsung DV45H7000EW/A2 Blowing Thermal Fuses
« on: December 17, 2019, 01:15:00 PM »

First post here. Looking for some insight. Have Samsung model listed above. Ordered replacements from Amazon, installed and it ran for one load. Did the old, rinse, wash, and repeat with another part replacing the heating element and another thermostat. Same problem. Saw where Samsung actually no longer offers the DC96-00887A and has replaced it with DC96-00887C. So, I received this part and plan to install.

My question, before installing the above part, I'd like to see that the control board is actually cycling the element off and on. I've read that if the relay on the board isn't working correctly, the element stays on and therefore continues to blow these fuses. Should I short the two wires which go to the DC96-00887C and watch for cycling? Can this be seen with the top of the dryer off? I've read not to continue this for more than 5 minutes which I completely understand. Is there another way to test the board? Am I headed in the right direction?????

I've checked the dryer vent and have found no blockages or significant lint buildups.

I've also changed the thermistor at the blower motor this time around.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Offline Caddy4343

• Technician
Re: Samsung DV45H7000EW/A2 Blowing Thermal Fuses
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »
Unplug the dryer!  Check for continuity across the heater relay on the control board.  Disconnect one wire from the relay before checking for continuity.  It should be open.  Hold the lint screen horizontally under a faucet and see if it holds water.  If it does the replace the lint screen.  It could be blocked and preventing heat from reaching the thermistor.  The element will over heat and blow the thermal fuse.  Never use dryer sheets.  They clog the lint filter with wax.

Offline Mayolito

• Technician
Re: Samsung DV45H7000EW/A2 Blowing Thermal Fuses
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
Check with a multimeter the main power cord,  if there is continuity (closed circuit) )between any of the 3 legs , it means that there is a closed (short) electric circuit in the dryer. So then check the ECB (Electronic Control Board) , for perform this, remove all connectors / connections from the ECB, observe before you unplug the connectors where the main power goes into the ECB , then check continuity at these points. If there is still continuity it means that the closed circuit is on the ECB and its BAD.
If ECB has no continuity on the main power entrance when all connectors/connections are dis connected , then look for a grounded cable, grounded thermostat, or other grounded part.