I have a washing machine that is making a knocking sound on the spin cycle.
Model Number: LSQ9544KQ0
This machine is probably over 15 years old. I've been maintaining it and fixing the little problems that pop up. Within the past year I've replaced:
1. Short Cam Agitator Repair Kit, CAM-AGIT, part number: 285809
2. Agitator Bolt Washer (3949550)
3. Thrust Spacer Washer (3951608)
4. Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupling (3364003)
5. Replaced the two washer filter plugs (8522271)
6. Replaced the water fill valve
7. Replaced water supply lines
8. New control timer part number: 3951702H
9. Changed (2) top console panel screws, replaced OEM size (8-18 x 1.25) with: 8-32 x 3/4"
10. Replaced lid bumpers, Whirlpool 9724509
The battle with this machine continues. I'm now hearing a knocking sound during the spin cycle.
Actually, it sounds just like the machine in this YouTube video.Whirlpool Washer Knocking/Banging Noise in Spin Cycle
Can someone please tell me what part I now need to replace? Clutch maybe?