Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Topload Imbalance after agitation..before spin cycle  (Read 89 times)

Offline jtelander

• VIP Member
Topload Imbalance after agitation..before spin cycle
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »

I have a GE topload washing machine (Model GTW330ASK1WW) with an imbalance issue.

The load distribution after agitation (before spinning starts) is always imbalanced and the wet laundry is gathered in a clump in the lower left hand quadrant (around 8 oclock) looking down into the tub.
Of course, this imbalance creates a problem for the spin cycle.
The machine is level.

After the load is manually redistributed, the machine spin cycle completes successfully, as does the entire rinse and spin cycles. It seems the problem is created during the washing agitation phase. The problem occurs with normal size, medium and with large loads.

Service tech came out yesterday and couldn't figure it out. The tension rods are ok.

When empty, there is a slight vibration during the spin cycle and when the spin cycle finishes, as the rpm slows down, a slight rubbing sound can be heard.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you can share.
Thanks

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Topload Imbalance after agitation..before spin cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »
Possible related to this service bulletin.

Offline jtelander

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Thank you. The vibration is caused by the laundry collecting in a clump after the wash agitation but before the spin begins. I wonder if this will stop that from happening...and how?  I wonder what the most economical way would be to update the software.  Thanks again.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »
I would call GE factory service or there service department and see if you can get them to come out or mail you the correct update with the 4 rubber pads. That machine had a lot of problems.This is of coarse if this is your problem, but worth a try.Maybe you can even buy the update from them and see what happens. At least give them the Model and serial number and get the correct part number for the update.