Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Attaching vent hose to speed queen model ADG3LRGS111TW01  (Read 182 times)

Offline hookcapn

• VIP Member
Attaching vent hose to speed queen model ADG3LRGS111TW01
« on: November 26, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Exhaust vent at dryer appears to be 3 1/2 inches . How can you attach to 4 inch hose at immediate right angle?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Attaching vent hose to speed queen model ADG3LRGS111TW01
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 10:23:58 AM »
I have been working on many many gas and electric dryers over the last 5 years and have a couple of  Speed Queen units in my garage for sale  now. I measured the outlet vent tubes and all are approximately 4" in diameter. The crimped outlet reduces down to only slightly less than 4" . If you have an outlet vent tube  that is reduced to 3.5" diameter or less it adds to restriction  and will likely cause a problem of operation.

Offline hookcapn

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »
Thank you. My measurement was wrong. The crimped vent outlet is indeed just under 4".
My exasperating problem is that there is a 90 elbow connecting to the outlet with appx 4 feet of semi-rigid dryer hose to wall which is fine.
When pushing dryer back in position the 90 elbow keeps coming loose. I have used a proper sized hose clamp on 90 elbow . The elbow fits all the way onto the dryer vent outlet. I have used metal duct tape. At all connections including at the vent outlet. I am having a duh moment.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »
There is a vent pipe adaptor arrangement available that may be what you need, I suggest you   google  it and see what you can find. The other possibility is to attach the 90 degree adaptor you have to  the the  dryer vent pipe with 1 or 2 sheet metal screws to keep it from coming loose when you move the dryer back into position.