Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF28HFEDTWW Freezer not working  (Read 96 times)

Offline Bigdawg

• VIP Member
Samsung RF28HFEDTWW Freezer not working
« on: November 26, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »

I've been in the HVAC industry for 25+ years and am stumped by my refrigerator issue. The fridge is cooling perfectly, but the freezer won't get below 50. This problem literally happened over night seemingly. I have reset power multiple times. I have got a random 41C error code, but this seems to be due to the high temp in the freezer. Nothing is froze up. I have removed cover from freezer coil and the lines and coil are barely cool to the touch. All fans are working, coils are clean, etc. 

I'm leaning towards thinking it's low on refrigerant, however with the fridge still working fine and the fact that the upper ice maker is still making ice perfectly, I'm doubting the refrigerant being low. This model doesn't have the 3 way valve option either. I'm open for any suggestion ant this point

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Samsung RF28HFEDTWW Freezer not working
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 11:09:24 AM »
donít work on these but can give you a service manual.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i5KqMA2RZwU1JqWFFCQ3JiYVU/view?usp=sharing

Offline Bigdawg

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 11:30:46 AM »
thank you

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
RF28HF Samsung Refrigerator Fast Track