Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Profile Mullions not Working  (Read 65 times)

Offline seankovacs

• VIP Member
GE Profile Mullions not Working
« on: November 26, 2019, 07:27:52 AM »

Fridge is GE Profile PGCS1RKZHSS

Both the vertical articulating mullion between the fridge doors and the horizontal mullion between the double freezer drawers have a lot of moisture build up.They are always ice cold. I've tested both mullions for ohms and both are way out of spec. I tried testing the voltage for the mullion between the freezer drawers - manual says to check at mainboard J7-9 to J12 for 13.6v - it's showing 0volts AC .. can this be due to the ohms being off the charts (reading ~1,876ohms when it should be 827ohms)? Likewise, the articulating mullion should read 24ohms but read over 800ohms.
I tested the humidity sensor and its voltage is within range, but i disconnected it and wait 20 mins per the instructions - mullions were still ice cold.
I replaced the mainboard 9 months ago due to ice maker issues, i dont believe it has an issue - was just concerned I wasn't getting any voltage from the mainboard to the mullions for another reason other than the mullions being bad. The over-temp thermostat could in theory kill the voltage if it is being tripped, but i just changed that last week...and the freezer/fridge get to temp and stay.
Thoughts??

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: GE Profile Mullions not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
The heaters turn on and off based on room humidity, so you might not actually see anything.

If the unit has an "Energy Saver" button and you turn it off, the heaters should be on 100%.

If not, you just need to check and see where the voltage stops (or doesn't start)  . . .