Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen vertical stack dryers  (Read 90 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Speed Queen vertical stack dryers
« on: November 25, 2019, 07:32:09 AM »

I have just been offered a Speed Queen electric vertical stack dryer set in nice clean condition for a scrap price. I was told the unit was working when removed from an institution. This unit is separated but bolted together vertically and has 2 separate 220 volt  power supply cords. The controls are located on the lower unit front face and are individually oriented and possibly isolated from each other. I am considering buying this and separating them but not sure if this can be done. I would need to make or obtain a new cover for the lower unit and possibly move the one set of controls for the top unit. I am going to check for the interchangeability of the motor with a typical current electric unit in a single configuration.  This would be my major concern.Are any of you folks acquainted with this model ? Any opinion as to to my idea of separating them ? The s/n is 0105017501

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Speed Queen vertical stack dryers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:35:07 AM »
Keep them together as worth more that way. Coin op or no pay? Your cost to do what you want will be very expensive.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Speed Queen vertical stack dryers
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
The seller did not want to meet my price so I passed this deal up. Kind of interesting but yes it would be pricey.