Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: G.E. electric range - Large under glass burner cycles on & off on High setting  (Read 144 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello everyone,  I'm working on a General Electric Profile glass top range Model No: JB988S0H3SS that the large right front burner is cycling on and off on the high setting after a few minutes.  The customer says this burner won't boil water because of the on/off cycling and it never did this before.  I thought it should stay on constantly on High setting.  This is a triple size burner and the control is an electronic control that connects to a power board behind the bottom storage drawer with a long ribbon connector.  I'm thinking the power board is faulty but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone has run into this and might be able to tell me if this is correct or what part you think I need. If you can help me, please let me know as soon as possible as she wants the range repaired before Thanksgiving.  Thanks again for any help you can give me!

Offline tcarmen

• Technician

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Thanks Tcarmen, I'll let my customer know this but I'm sure she won't be happy because she thinks there is something wrong with her range. LOL.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
She won't believe you, so make sure you send her the GE bulletin.

Just don't get sucked in, since it's not broken and therefore not fixable. 8-)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:51:34 PM by tcarmen »