Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 106722541 coldspot freezer too warm...looks like power faltering?  (Read 968 times)

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade

Those bullet valves are for strictly testing and temporary should had been replace by a braze on valve of some type. I would put some money on thatís the point of your leak. Might not be anything wrong with your unit at all except for that valve Pierce needs to be soldered closed and then have a permanent valve installed and recharged. And the frosted over suction line is usually a sign of the unit being overcharged.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member
Talked to the heater/ac man. He was up to try something if it looked like it was the way to go. He asked about the label and it shows using freon 12 which he doesn't have. He mentioned something about adding hotshot or something that sounded like that. Looking at the price of big freezers like the size of this one and I'm seeing big bucks so turning over all stones before giving up on it. Thanks

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member
Those bullet valves are for strictly testing and temporary should had been replace by a braze on valve of some type. I would put some money on thatís the point of your leak. Might not be anything wrong with your unit at all except for that valve Pierce needs to be soldered closed and then have a permanent valve installed and recharged. And the frosted over suction line is usually a sign of the unit being overcharged.
I'm new to looking at these things but I'm not seeing that valve. Should you be able to see it in this pic?