Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 106722541 coldspot freezer too warm...looks like power faltering?  (Read 179 times)

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member

Very inexperienced in these things but I remember being able to replace the fan some years back. It's been a great freezer considering it's many years. Recently it got too warm so disconnected it. Over the years it always  had some small ice build up on the bottom. I plug it in and stuff seems to be running. The fan is running fine I see. What it's doing is like the power falters. The sound changes and the light dims for a second. It just keeps doing this. Any ideas on where to go next? Thanks
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:49:39 PM by impuzzled »

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore 106722541 coldspot freezer too warm...looks like power faltering?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
It's like it's trying to run normally but seems like a strain is put on it somewhere and then you hear the running sound change and the inner light bulb dim slightly.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 12:46:28 PM »
Model number is wrong. Sounds like from the limited information compressor maybe cycling off on the overload. Pull  refrigerator out and see if compressor is running. Do you hear a hum and a click.If so, possible bad relay that starts compressor or bad compressor. Correct model number would be nice and see if compressor is running.

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 05:43:52 PM »
Since I'm a real beginner at things like this I really appreciate your reply. Soon I'll be pulling it out and giving it a listen with it in mind. As rough as this picture looks that old freezer has been going like a champ for a long time so I hope there's some hope. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:45:23 PM by impuzzled »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
My fault that is a good model number.Sorry about that. Let us know if you hear the compressor running and there should be a fan by the compressor that should be running anytime the compressor is running. O0

Offline impuzzled

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 02:41:14 PM »
OK. I turned it around and plugged it in. The back fan (and front fan) are running and it's frequently clicking. I made a video of it. https://youtu.be/lzEnEU-hQeo
Thanks for further advice!