Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Top Load washer squeaky noise during agitation  (Read 116 times)

Offline kpworth

• VIP Member
GE Top Load washer squeaky noise during agitation
« on: November 14, 2019, 09:01:00 PM »

My GE Top Load Washer Model WWA8620 has started to make a squeaky noise during the agitation. This only occurs after the machine is filled with water and begins the agitation. This noise does not occur again after it ran smoothly. Also, there is no major issue with the machine; it still wash/agitate/spin/drain/properly; it just have this squeaky noise issue. Attached is a sound file (starts at 0.22s - the beginning is sound of the washer being filled with water) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IAfkx9Hv0Ln78SQi_McDtA5gj_W7mATi/view?usp=sharing

Anyone know what is the issue and whether this will be a major repair?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: GE Top Load washer squeaky noise during agitation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 05:48:28 AM »
Sounds like your bearing is drying up in transmission, Iím willing to bet your starting to have a small leak thatís dripping on your bearing and drying it out. Take Front Panel off and look for water stains or rust developing on transmission shaft. Let us know what you find!