Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE side by side icemaker  (Read 96 times)

Offline moisheh

• VIP Member
GE side by side icemaker
« on: November 09, 2019, 05:47:05 PM »

I have a ge fridge  with ice maker problems. The model # may not show up GSML6PGXAEGS the ice maker shows model # wr30X10093 The fridge has not been  used for 5 months but was plugged in without being connected to water. I turned on the water and the next day there was no ice. Water dispenser works fine. I tried that reset where you slide the ice maker switch to off and after 30 seconds you move the white lever that stops ice production 3 times. I left it for 4 hours, No ice came out. I did the reset again and the ice maker slowly pushed out some mini sized cubes. Nothing since but there is ice in the ice maker trough. I can hear the motor rum for a few seconds and then stop. It does that repeatedly. Is my ice maker shot? the green lite on the ice maker does not come on. I looked on line for a replacement and I see quite a variance in prices. I also see that there are 2 types with the same model number. Some have a metal wire that comes down and stops production when bucket is filled. Mine has a plastic spring loaded lever that slides in and out. Mine mounts with one screw on the side wall but has the black plastic strips on top that some fridges use to mount the ice maker. My on off switch is a slide affair not a toggle switch. Thanks