Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Appliantology.org censorship!  (Read 270 times)

Offline bn880

• Technician
Appliantology.org censorship!
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »

HI, I am writing to let people know that appliantology.org deletes any kind of posts that they don't agree with, even if they are offering good information to it's users.

In my case, I commented on this topic https://appliantology.org/blogs/entry/1042-three-reasons-why-doing-component-replacements-on-electronic-boards-is-a-bad-idea/?
Stating that this is good advice except when replacement boards or service kits are not available, or cost $1700 in Canada.  And that I end up repairing the components themselves directly to my customers or to other service techs, and everyone wins.

My post was deleted, no sign of it, no notification.  And i am no longer allowed to post comments.

Beware of the gestapo run appliantology site.

Offline bn880

• Technician
Re: Appliantology.org censorship!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »
Aha, and got banned now from Appliantology, as I replied with a joy emoji to that post, it was the only thing I could do.

[

Offline jimd2

• Technician
  • Wish the New stuff was like it was in the 80's
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:25:01 PM »
I was following that post
good find on that cap

From wiki

The capacitor plague was a problem related to a higher-than-expected failure rate of non-solid aluminum electrolytic capacitors, between 1999 and 2007, especially those from some Taiwanese manufacturers, due to faulty electrolyte composition that caused corrosion accompanied by gas generation
If only they still sold the Direct Drive
Couplers were a gift from Whirlpool to Service Techs

Offline bn880

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
I have since found out that even more posts by other users who said they repair boards also got deleted!    Incredible.

As for caps, yeah it's not just caps that I deal with obviously, as I service induction boards, it's a whole range of components, but this happens to be what I specialize in.  For more average appliance techs for sure cap replacements or the odd relay etc is not a huge deal.  Why wouldn't you do it if you are willing to give out a warranty period on it?    (it's honestly up to the individual how they want to make their money/living)

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
It's kind of a fine line to walk.

Too little moderation and the users leave because it becomes hostile, while too much moderation and the users leave because they're pissed off.

Also, there's no guarantee of fairness. Whoever owns the board makes whatever decision they want. It's one of the perks of ownership and one of the downfalls of using a service that someone else controls.

Offline bn880

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 07:06:37 PM »
I assure you in this case the line is not so fine.  But of course boards need moderating.