Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen front load washer  (Read 94 times)

Online Thorning

• Technician
Speed Queen front load washer
« on: November 01, 2019, 10:50:24 AM »

I have an older Speed Queen front load washer with model number LTS904AWN and s/n 12396149GL that I bought from a person who told me it worked properly. When I got it home I found it would not turn on no matter what I did. I took the front panel off and the wiring for the door switch was  temporarily put together by twisting the wires together. I put new terminals on the wires and rehooked them to the 2 terminal door push button switch. It did not help. The indicator lights now start at door  then proceeds to illuminate the wash light but nothing happens. The door lock does not appear to activate. The door look assembly is a p/n 685429 which I believe is the next area to look at but I would like to know if there is a way to make this work  by testing it on my bench off the washer. What voltage 110 volt or 24 volt  and what terminals of the 4 on the device should I test ?Also is there a way to bypass this item ? Any help available from anyone ?

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: Speed Queen front load washer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:31:26 AM »
This unit has been disposed of without repair as it was going to cost more than it was worth.