My LG dryer (DLE2301W) would not power on. The light would come on when I opened the door though. After some troubleshooting (and with some help from this forum) I figured out that there was a burnt component on the control board. See picture attached.
I replaced the board myself and the dryer is now working happily. However, I am curious as to what the burnt component is, or what caused it to burn out. If it burned once, it is likely to do it again. I want to make sure I fix the problem and not just treat the symptom. Maybe it's a design issue, or an age issue (the dryer is 10 years old after all). Or maybe there is something that caused the connector to overheat and burn out.
Any thoughts or ideas welcome.